diseases remain the biggest killers of menfolk in the UK. If
you're a smoker, here are just a few of the many benefits of
1. You smell
- your clothes and your home will be far better for it –
you'll be a thousand times more attractive to your partners
(or potential partners).
2. You'll have
- smoking increases carbon monoxide levels in your blood,
reducing oxygen delivery to your body. No wonder your energy
levels are low!
- after a cigarette your blood pressure surges for at least 20
minutes, placing a strain on your heart.
- smoking causes the walls of the lung tubes (bronchi) to
constrict, reducing air entry.
- within a day or two of kicking the weed you'll discover your
ability to concentrate is greatly improved. Your mind will be
clearer and you'll be much better able to cope with those
For help on
giving up contact:
Quitline 0800 00 22 00
Smokeline 0800 84 84 84
-- 0290 66 32 81
Wales -- 0345 697